Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sabbath


I rarely have a quiet relaxing day at home.  This is one of those rare days.  It is Sunday morning.  We came back from Kansas this morning after visiting Mama but didn't get back in time for church.  So I didn't go.  It is cold out.  The wind is blowing out of the north and it is about 45 degrees.  Ahhh....I have quiet music, a fire in the fireplace and it is just..nice. It's a good time for reflection.  I miss being able to go visit my family in Kansas but it was nice being able to see those that I saw.  I saw Tim and Susan for the first time since Grandma Page died.  That was great.  I miss them.  It was really great seeing my brand new great niece, Alexandria.  She was just a day old and such a cutie.  Heather and I were talking about what a beautiful baby she is.  Her big brother sure is proud.  And  Becky's kids are sure grown.  Hannah and Abi looked so awesome.  Allyson was envious of their beautiful complexion.  They all looked just wonderful.  It is a perfect day for resting...Now I just have to wait for John to get home from church to rest with me and enjoy the day even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment